Thursday 14 April 2011

The horrors of at home box colour.

So I had someone ask me recently if box colour is really that bad or do I just hate it because I'm a hairstylist? The truth is, there are multiple reasons why I don't believe in box colour and I'll share those reasons with you, as well as post a few pictures to back it up.

1. There are many different things that are in box colours (like metallic shavings for one example) that can not only harm your hair, but also make it difficult to lift out of your hair if you decide you don't want that colour anymore.

2. There is no guarantee of the outcome. The box may say you'll be medium brown, but I've seen cases where the colour turned out red, ashy or even black.

3. The dye is very damaging for your hair because it's like a "one size fits all" sort of thing that's going on. At a salon, the hairstylist will custom make your hair colour so it's the least damaging for your hair, as well as take your natural undertones into consideration so it's best for the health of your hair.

4. When a professional colours your hair, they are able to get at every angle as well as not overlap (which causes further damage to your hair.)

I'm going to post some pictures of some girls that used box dye on their hair and had horrible allergic reactions...


In these cases, these girls not only had rashes and scabs that left scars, but had to cut all of their hair off as well. Truly horrifying.






xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment