Friday 13 May 2011

Set your makeup and reduce oil and shine for 16 hours?!




While I was in Sephora recently, I grabbed a bottle of Urban Decay's De-Slick makeup setting spray. It claims to reduce oil on your skin and set your makeup for up to 16 hours. It won't clog pores or cause breakouts. I jumped at the chance, because I have pretty shiny skin. (which I'll love when I'm older because people with oily skin age better).

The bottle looks okay, nothing overly great and Sephora has a great return policy so if I hated it, it can go back. There's a few tricks you have to know before you use it, write a bad review and return it.

1. You MUST shake the bottle before you spray it onto your skin, or else it won't activate.

2. Always spray AFTER you moisturize.

3. Spray 2-6 times about 8 inches away from your face.

4. Allow to dry and apply your primer, then your makeup.

5. Spray 3 times again about 8 inches away.

6. Done!

PS Don't spray too close to your face, or else it will actually make you look even shiner. You need to be about 8 inches away, not 2 inches.

I wore this during a fairly hot day while at work, then went for dinner with my work family, then went home and watched TV. At 10:30 when I was about to wash my face, I realized my makeup was still in place and my skin had a tiny bit of shine, but not nearly as much as it usually does. I'm impressed and excited. My skin didn't feel dry, either. Just not oily like usual. Amazing!

I know from online reviews, it's split about 50/50, some people love it, some people hate it. I think the people that hated it probably either didn't shake it, or applied under moisturizer or sprayed too close. I love it and will continue to buy it as long as it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment